The Development Team is responsible for all Avec® application lifecycle management activities. Using our product roadmap and customer use cases as a guide, the team develops domain models, ETL processes, web services, and web applications that organizations use to securely share clinical data between collaborating research and clinical sites for purposes such as rare disease research and comparative effectiveness research (CER).
- Develop and extend Grails web applications according to documented software requirements.
- Development of Grails plugins.
- Validation of developed software leveraging implemented test cases and load testing.
- Creation of clear and concise documentation of implemented software and APIs.
- Demonstration of web applications to client and laboratory staff.
- Responsive investigation of customer reported issues.
- Monitor personal progress by tracking activity and proactive problem notification.
This position will report to Web Developer Team Lead
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: BS in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Software Development Experience: 2+ years of JVM-based web application development.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with integration of web applications with RESTful web services.
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of data persistence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent personal time management skills including the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment while tracking work effort.
- • A continuous interest in expanding knowledge of software engineering through hands-on investigation of technologies and tools with recommendations to senior management and development team.