Responsible for coordinating the activities of the Finance Department and providing assistance to all areas within the department and other internal stakeholders. The Finance Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing strong accounting skills. This position requires a well-organized, detail oriented person who is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
This position will report to the Finance Manager.
- Perform accounts payable functions, to include processing vendor invoices and preparing payments for signature as well as scanning and saving all invoices.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of vendor payments.
- Review all vendor checks prior to mailing for accuracy and validity of payments.
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Perform accounts receivable functions, to include preparation and submission of client invoices.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Assist with the following: a) Resolves payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company. b) Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions. c) Processing semimonthly payroll.
- Files, maintains, and distributes financial documents, records and reports.
- Review and process employee expense reports, ensuring proper receipt documentation and proper account and department coding.
- Performs other duties as required to support Finance Department.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline a plus
- 2+ years experience in Accounting/Finance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- A thorough understanding of QuickBooks, Excel and JIRA Project Tracking Software would be a plus