The Finance Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day financial administration. This will involve providing support with various tasks including data entry and the preparation of invoices, payments and employee expenses. The Finance Assistant will regularly interface with staff, vendors and clients.
This position will report to the Finance Manager.
- Enter data into appropriate fields; databases, records, and files.
- Analyze financial documents such as invoices, receipts, and reports to ensure their accuracy.
- Correct and modify inaccurate files and records.
- Process and reconcile company credit card.
- Review and process employee expense reports.
- Support the Finance team with financial statement close, reporting, and other financial support activities.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparation of annual Audit.
- Assist with financial reporting to managers and senior executives.
- Attend Finance department and company-wide meetings.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Two (2) years of previous bookkeeping, accounting and data entry experience.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field - or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Mac OS and QuickBooks experience is a plus, but not required.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Organizational, planning skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of GAAP rules and regulations.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong ability to take initiative while adhering to Signet Accel’s processes.