Executive Vice President of Finance
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the EVP of Finance will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The EVP of Finance will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial and HR related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, human resources, business opportunity analysis, investor relationships, partnership compliance and private and institutional financing. This is a unique role with broad responsibilities. The ideal candidate for this role will have a traditional accounting background (CPA preferred), HR familiarity along with Structured/Project Finance experience.
This position will report to the CEO.
- Perform as a strategy developer and implementer: take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures for the Finance and Human Resources Department.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Support the HR Department in the development of the staffing plan, training, and skill development for the corporation to ensure capacity and resources to implement strategic initiatives.
- Support the HR Department development of associate appreciation, recognition and retention programs, as well as education, guidance and career development for associates.
- Partner with the HR Department to implement salary administration plan.
- Provides guidance and assistance with other HR functions.
This position is responsible for all associates in the Finance and Human Resources departments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in healthcare technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving, creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Experience in a startup environment a plus