The Development Team is responsible for all Avec® application lifecycle management activities and using our product roadmap and customer use cases as a guide. The team develops domain models, ETL processes, web services, and web applications that organizations use to securely share clinical data between collaborating research and clinical sites for purposes such as rare disease research and comparative effectiveness research (CER).
The Signet Accel team is seeking an experienced ETL Engineer. This software will be deployed on a national and global scale to integrate distributed clinical and research data sites to enable both federated and centralized networks for clinical, bio-molecular, imaging and genomic data.
- Python programming integrated with many different databases
- Strong SQL knowledge and data modeling capabilities
- Strong overall database knowledge and tools.
- Metadata driven ETL
- Experience working with healthcare and research data (OMOP Data Model preferred)
- Experience with biomedical and research terminologies.
- Working knowledge of Data Integration/ETL technologies
- Demonstrable Software Development experience
- SQL based development experience preferably in data warehouse, data integration/migration or analytics
- Ability to identify functional and non-functional requirements for Data Warehousing
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Software license management
- Perform ETL work sourcing from various databases and files with various formats.
- Perform tests and validate data flows. Prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements, and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications.
- Perform cause analysis on processes, resolve production issues, validate data. and perform routine tests on databases and provide support to all ETL applications.
- Monitor business requirements, validate designs, schedule ETL processes, and prepare documents for data flow diagrams.
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Develop and perform tests on ETL codes for system data, analyze data, and design data mapping techniques for data models in systems.
- Document technical and system specifications documents for ETL processes, perform unit tests on processes, and prepare required programs and scripts.
- Coordinate with Deployment team to implement ETL procedures for new projects, maintain effective awareness of production activities according to required standards, and provide support to all existing applications
- Development of advanced services to support statistical data characterization and analytics.
- Provide recommendations and designs for enhancements to our data model in accordance with industry best practices to enable product development and customer use cases.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: BS in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong SQL skills and understanding of data persistence
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent personal time management skills including, the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment while tracking work effort
- A continuous interest in expanding knowledge of software engineering through hands-on investigation of technologies and tools with recommendations to senior management and development team