The DevOps Engineer is assigned the responsibility of implementing the Information System projects and support activities for the company. The DevOps Engineer primarily interacts with the software development team, coordinating development and deployment efforts in support of platform development.
This position will report to the DevOps Team Lead.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management (i.e. Puppet, Chef or an equivalent)
- Ability to use a wide variety of cloud services and open source technologies (AWS, Expedient, FreeIPA, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with SQL relational databases, setup, management, deploy, backup
- Experience with Containerization fundamentals and technologies
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Act as primary contact for internal and external application systems problems.
- Analyzes and documents problems, recommends solutions, initiates corrective actions. Follows up on problem resolution and inform clients of status.
- Maintain current records with assigned applications, including asset management and user management.
- Monitor user proficiency in applications and provide on-going training.
- Coordinate application enhancements to existing computer systems: including analysis, design specifications and liaison between vendors and clients.
- May serve as project coordinator for in-house development or implementation of vendor-based automated systems. Formulate system scope and design objectives through research and fact-finding to configure vendor-maintained systems or develop and modify in-house systems.
- Applies various analysis tools and techniques to increase quality, productivity, and overall effectiveness of client departments.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Systems/Industrial Engineering or related field, with the emphasis of study in systems analysis and design of software solutions required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in systems analysis and/or programming required.
- Must have advanced skills and experience in oral and written communication including analysis, preparation and report presentation.
- Must have ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects amongst a broad spectrum of hospital personnel, frequently under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge of personal computers and PC/Mac application and development software desired.
- Knowledge of structured programming techniques, networking and database methodologies preferred.
- Experience in Hospital information Systems environment preferred.